Older people should prioritize their overall physical health., If they notice any unusual symptoms such as leg swelling, chest pain, and change in urine color and amount should visit the best nephrologist in Karachi. These symptoms correlate with kidney failure, which may require immediate medical attention.
Renal Failure and Symptoms
Renal failure is also known as stage five chronic kidney disease. In this condition, the kidneys cannot function adequately and can be life-threatening. Elderly men are more likely to suffer from kidney failure as compared to women. It is essential to get diagnosed and treated on time; to increase the chances of survival.
The common signs and symptoms of renal failure include:
⦁ The patient experiences nauseous all the time.
⦁ The patient remains stressed and tired without any physical exertion.
⦁ The patient may experience an irrational loss of appetite.
⦁ It is more likely that the patient suffers from insomnia.
⦁ Noticeable change in the amount of urine.
⦁ The patient experiences muscle weakness and cramps.
⦁ The caregivers can notice swelling of ankles and feet.
⦁ The patient feels itchiness all over the body.
⦁ The patient might experience shortness of breath and chest pain.
⦁ The blood pressure of the patient remains high most of the time.
Causes of Renal Failure
The causes of renal failure correlate to other diseases; such as:
- Malfunctioning of one of the kidneys may put pressure on another kidney, due to which it may cause renal failure.
- Patients with diabetes are prone to develop the condition.
- Patients who have gone through a kidney transplant may suffer from renal failure.
- Patients with Glomerulonephritis and intestinal nephritis are more likely to suffer from renal failure.
- Infections in the body can affect the functioning of the kidneys, resulting in renal failure.
- Untreated urinary tract infections may cause malfunctioning of the kidneys.
- Individuals in the habit of smoking are prone to suffer from renal failure.
Preventive measures for Renal Failure
The prevent renal failure, individuals above the age of fifty should exercise regularly and maintain a healthy eating lifestyle. The use of organic food helps maintain the overall weight and functioning of the organs. People should eradicate smoking from their life to avoid suffering from kidney-related diseases. People should check their body sugar levels, cholesterol, and blood pressure regularly for an early diagnosis.
Complications Associated with Renal Failure
The complications associated with renal failure include; pulmonary edema, anemia, heart-related illnesses, pericarditis, hyperkalemia, seizures, and erectile dysfunction.
Tests for Diagnosis of Renal Failure
The tests that help diagnose the disease are:
Evaluation of Patients History: The specialist will ask the patient about pre-existing medical conditions and smoking habits. It allows determining the cause of compromised kidney functioning.
Physical Examination: Physical health, including height, weight, and neurological functioning, helps assess the overall health and cause of renal failure.
- Tr Evaluation of Patients History: The specialist will ask the patient about pre-existing medical conditions and smoking habits. It allows determining the cause of compromised kidney functioning.
- Physical Examination: Physical health, including height, weight, and neurological functioning, helps assess the overall health and cause of renal failure.
- Blood Testing: It helps check the levels of creatinine and urea in the blood.
- Urine Testing: Urine testing helps determine if the albumin levels are high. The high albumin levels correlate with kidney disease.
- Biopsy: Biopsy is a procedure in which a small tissue is taken and tested. It allows determining the extent of the damage to kidneys.
- Imaging Testing: Imaging testing helps check the abnormalities in the size and structure of the kidneys.
The most effective treatment include:
⦁ Kidney transplant: The affected kidney is replaced with a healthy and fully functional kidney.
⦁ Dialysis: The procedure helps maintain the electrodes and filter the toxins out of the body.
People who exhibit the symptoms correlating to kidney failure should consult the best nephrologist in Noor General Hospital to understand the cause. The specialist will diagnose and guide for the most effective treatment option. The treatment would allow the patient to function adequately and ease the pain.